Service Level Agreement
Rose Web Services L.L.C. uses only top quality servers, and other data center equipment. This translates into great reliability and uptime. As a result, within our own server farm and facilities that are under our own control and management, we guarantee that our services will be up and functioning 100% of the time in a month. We also have a 100% Data Center systems guarantee.
For any hour of unscheduled downtime we will credit you 1000% (10x) the downtime hours by dividing your monthly recurring service charges by the number of hours in a month (720 hours) and multiplying it by the downtime duration in hours, but in no case more than the customer’s monthly recurring charge. For example if you experience a downtime due to our fault for a duration of 1 hour, you will receive a credit equivalent to 10 hours of service.
To be eligible for this SLA, your account must be in good standing with no unpaid invoice history and no breaches of our Terms of Service and other policies. All requests for credit should be made to the billing department (email@example.com) with a copy or a reference to your initial support ticket included.
Occasionally servers and systems must be brought down for routine maintenance and upgrades to ensure that your site performs optimally. However, we strive to keep such service interruptions to a minimum, and, when possible, give you advance notice of any scheduled maintenance.
- Scheduled service outages do not qualify for this guarantee!
- This guarantee is your only remedy for any unscheduled downtime as outlined above.
- Downtime must be confirmed by a staff member in our support system.
- The downtime does not include any time required to rebuild your server environment and/or restore your accounts or data from backups.
- Maximum credit given can not exceed the amount of the monthly recurring charge for the service involved in the incident.
- Any credit due will be applied to your next invoice on your next due date.
- Downtime is measured from the time the customer records such failure by submitting a support ticket in our ticketing system and until a resolution is provided for that ticket.
- All requests for compensation must be received within 7 days of the incident.
1. Network Guarantee
We guarantee that the network will be available 100% of the time in any given month (this does not include functionality of software/services on a server), excluding scheduled maintenance. If network downtime exceeds 0% the customer will be credited 10x the duration of the outage as determined by their recurring monthly charge and based on a 720 hours month, up to a maximum of 100% of the customer's monthly fees.
Network uptime includes functioning of all network infrastructure including routers, switches and cabling, but does not include services or software running on your server.
We are not responsible for outages or circumstances beyond our control that hinder access to your site or server. The following are excluded from the monthly calculation of Service Level and are ineligible for SLA credit:
- Scheduled network downtime or maintenance
- Hardware and software maintenance
- Traffic conditions on the internet outside of our network
- Your ISP or local problems on your end such as Browser or DNS caching
- DDoS, malicious attacks, exploits or hacked servers
- An outage from an upstream facility outside of our network
- Interruptions or failure of individual service caused by client, their employees, client's customers, friends, or family.
- Inaccurate installation or configuration of software by the client or non-Rose Web Services LLC staff, 3rd party software, client abuse or over utilization of resources.
2. Data Center (NOC) Guarantee
We guarantee that any critical systems, including power, HVAC and Dry Fire Suppression Systems, will be available 100% of the time in any given month, excluding scheduled maintenance. If a data center systems downtime exceeds 0% the customer will be credited 10x the duration of the outage as determined by their recurring monthly charge and based on a 720 hours month, up to a maximum of 100% of the customer's monthly fees.
Critical systems include functioning of all power and HVAC infrastructure including generators, UPSes, PDUs and cabling, but does not include the power supplies on customers' servers. NOC downtime exists when a particular server is shut down due to power or heat problems and we record such a failure in the support ticketing system.
3. Hardware Guarantee - (Dedicated Server customers only!)
We guarantee the functioning of all hardware components and will replace any failed component at no cost to the customer. Hardware replacement will begin once we identify the cause of the problem. Hardware replacement is guaranteed to be completed within 2 hours of problem identification. This guarantee of 2 hours does not include additional actions such as software installations, OS reinstalling, or other data or backup restoration services. In the event that it takes us more than 2 hours to replace faulty hardware, we will credit the customer 10x the duration of the outage as determined by their recurring monthly charge and based on a 720 hours month, up to a maximum of 100% of the customer's monthly fees.
Hardware is defined as the Processor(s), Memory, hard disk(s), motherboard, NIC card and other related hardware included under the server lease.